Monday, July 31, 2006

God's creation is amazing!

So this past weekend I went down to oceanside and as I sat on the beach and enjoyed the beautiful view, I began to think about what an incredible God I love and serve! I mean just look at the ocean and think of how God doesn't allow it to overflow and drown us all. He did promise never to flood the earth again, but still. Isn't that incredible!?! And then I think of all the things that live in the ocean, I mean just as I was sitting there I saw a whole school of dolphins swim by! and then I think of the sky and how he doesn't allow the sun to get to close so that it will melt us but that it is the perfect distance away so that we can have light during the day and the moon by night!!! Think about how amazing this God is.. Then God totally led me to this verse and it kinda in a way convicted me but yet it was encouraging at the same time. Psalm 16:11 says " You make known to me the path of life; in Your presence is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore." The thing that stuck out to me was that in His presesnce is fullness of joy. If that is the case, aren't we always in the presence of the Lord? so why aren't we always joyful? I mean I know we are human and can't be but the creation around us should be a reminder of His presence everywhere in our lives. My encouragment to any that read this? Know that you are in the presence of the Lord every moment of every day and continue to be joyful because of who He is!

No comments: