Monday, August 28, 2006

God's timing is perfect (Psalm 143:8)

So I usually take my Bible to wrok with me everyday but today when I went to go get my Bible I couldn't find it anywhere. The wierd part was that I had it the night before for Kaleo. But it was just nowehere to be found. So I found my old Bible off of my book shelf and took that one. Well when I got to work I started going through all of the stuff that I had in my Bible. Notes that had been written from studies in High School, notes written between me Ashley and Mical during church (not that we weren't paying attention in church) And then pictures of me with friends. (friends that I still have and friends that are no longer around) Anyways, I noticed this little hot pink sticky note with a heart and my name written on it sticking out of the top of my Bible so I opened up to that page and wanted to know what was on the note. As I opened the pages it was stuck on Psalm 143:8. and that was the verse that was written on the sticky note. upon looking at the note I realized it had been written by kelly when I was in the Ukraine on my mission trip. When she had first given me that verse, I found it encouraging and was blessed that she had given that verse to me. But at that time in my life I felt like everything was going smoothly and just the way I had wanted. I was walking strong with the Lord, I had great friends, and I was on a mission trip that God had blessed me with and provided the funds for me to go. And everything was going just the way that I WANTED. Little did I know that things would change big time over the next year. And change to the way that GOD WANTED. Although there have been times over this past year that I questioned why God was allowing things I knew that he had a plan through all of it. And I think more now then ever I have needed to trust and rely on Christ for my future. When I opened my Bible to this verse I knew it was exactly the right time for me to hear it. The verse reads.
" Cause me to hear your lovingkindness in the morning, for in you do I trust. Cause me to know the way in which I should walk, For I lift up my sould to you." Psalm 143:8

So I pray that I would be lead by God in the way that I should walk because in Him do I trust!

All this to say that God knew I wouldn't find my Bible this morning and He knew that I needed to read that verse again. He knew that I would leave that sticky note in my other bible so that 2 years after that trip he would speak to me thorugh it. God's timing is perfect.

2 comments:

Starrs In Denver said...

Yep, His timing is perfect! Thanks for sharing, it's a blessing to me. -Rose

Cortney Salagi said...

Hehe! I still have my note too! After reading your post I decided to check my Bible and the note is still there! It's Psalm 37:3-4, "Trust in the Lord, and do good; dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness. Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He shall shall give you the desires of your heart." Thanks for reminding me of that, Heather. It seems to fit perfectly with what I'm going through right now.