Monday, October 09, 2006

Times they are a changin'

So life is kinda wierd nowadays. About two weeks ago or so my brother (Ryan) Left for Oxford. And although I'm way impressed and proud that he is there, It's strange knowing that I can't just get in a car and go visit him. Or pick up the phone and just call him because you have to figure out the time difference. It's just an unusual feeling knowing that the best way to communicate with your brother is over the e-mail. Love the guy and miss him tons. Miss him making fun of me and miss laughing so hard and so much that my stomach hurts.
Then this past week my other brother (Tony) decided that he is going to be moving out. Yes Tony is now moving out of the Schaffner household. For the next 10 days he is house sitting for a family from church and then he is going to be moving out as soon as he gets done with that. This also is a strange feeling knowing that your brother isn't going to be living in the same house with us. It's kinda a wierd thing to have someone there for my whole life and then to be moving out and living one city down.
All this to say that I am now the only Schaffner child living at home. And although I'm not there all that much between School, church and 2 jobs. It's wierd to go home and know that there are only going to be 3 of us eating dinner. I don't even think me or my mom are able to cook for 3 people because we are so used to cooking for a 6-7 person family. Or the fact of how light the laundry load is going to be now. It's going to be a strange thing but I guess this is just what happens when everyone starts growing up. It's funny though because I still feel like we should all be in Jr. High and Highschool. My encouragment to everyone out there with brothers and sisters still living at home. Enjoy the time that they are there because one day your gonna wake up and they will be moving out getting married or leaving the country. LOVE YOUR FAMILY, THEY WILL BE YOUR LIFETIME FRIENDS!

2 comments:

Cortney Salagi said...

Times ARE changing. I guess it just comes with growing up. It's kind of sad, but there are definitely some happy things about it. It's just weird to see how so many things can change in such a short time. Love your new blog layout, BTW.

Starrs In Denver said...

I can read your blog now! Looks good :) How sad to say goodbye to your brothers. I know what you mean about cooking...it's so easy to cook for a crowd when that's what you're used to. Say Hi to your mom and give her a big hug for me. It was great to see your pics and it made me miss you guys! -Rose