Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Don't forget to call your mama...

This is a piece of advice you should always remember if you are a girl and still living at home. This is why: On Sunday nights I have the college group that I go to Kaleo, after study there is usually a small group of people that go out to Denny's to hang out and eat. I like to go and fellowship so I usually call mama and ask if it's ok if I can go. She always says yes but that I have to call her when I leave because that way she knows how long it should be before I get home. And I always do that even though I wake her up when I call and sometimes she's not the happiest when I wake her up, but I know that if I don't call I would be in big trouble. And I usually leave Denny's to be home by 11:30pm because I have to work the next morning. Well, this past Sunday we didn't even get to Denny's until about 10:15 so I wasn't really watching the clock. Well by about 11:40 i finally hear my phone ringing and it's good ol' mama (really mad) and she asks where I am? I tell her I'm at Denny's and she says I'm out on the freeway because you never called me at 11:30 and I thought something happened. So she says you need to leave soon. I'm truning around and going home. I beg for forgivness and ask for my check so I can pay and go. Needless to say about 2 minutes later I see a silver Dodge Durango slowly pass by Denny's and I was like "I am so dead it's not even funny." In the end everything worked out and I just begged for forgivness and told mama it would never ever happen again. And by the time we went to bed we had worked everything out. The moral of this story "Call your mama she worries"

2 comments:

Cortney Salagi said...

I'm so glad you're still alive, Heather! Sorry we kept you out so late :(

Starrs In Denver said...

I love your mama and can't wait to get me a big o' mama hug when we come out!
~Rose