Monday, November 13, 2006

I've never felt the urge to cut off my feet before....

But this weekend I did feel that urge, quite a few times actually. See, like I had said before I along with my sister were walking in the 3 day 60 mile walk to help fund research for breast cancer. So that's what we did this past weekend. The first day was great! 20 miles? No big thing right? well by day two each step we took felt like a mile long. day two and three we took our sweet time. No rush to get these miles finished, we had all day to get it done. We slept in tents at the most beautiful place in San Diego right on the water Crown Point. It was absolutley gorgeous when the sun rose each morning. I believe I went to bed the earliest I ever have this weekend. I think it was around 7:15! It felt so nice though. Overall it was a great weekend with my sister. I'm still in pain today I have blisters the size of my toes and my ankle is twice the size is should be (AKA cankles) and my knees are creaking... But every step was worth it! There were about 5600 people that walked it and in total with everyones pledges combined we raised 11.3 million dollars! Thanks for all the prayers and support this past weekend!Pictures to come when they are developed...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

way to go!

good thing you can sit down at work...

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear it went well, every step really is worth it.
i laughed really hard about your cankles though!!