Saturday, January 20, 2007

Why is waiting so difficult?

God has really been pressing upon my heart recently the area of waiting. Not just waiting in general but waiting upon HIM... Something that may come easy to some, but that "some" does not include me. I had been given this book by my brother a couple of years ago that I read and loved but couldn't find it for a while. The book? Waiting on God by Rev. Andrew Murray. I found it recently when going through some stuff in my room and God just kind of encouraged me through this book by this quote from it.

"Let us resolve at once that it shall be the one characteristic of our life and worship, a continual, humble, truthful waiting upon God. We may rest assured that He who made us for Himself, that He might give Himself to us and in us, that He will never dissapoint us. In waiting on Him we shall find rest and joy and strength, and the supply of every need."

I was just toally blessed by this so I wanted to share so that you might be encouraged and blessed also. And if you want a good read. Pick up Waiting on God, it's challenging.

3 comments:

Cortney Salagi said...

You have no idea how much I needed to hear that, Heather! Thank you so much! This is so very applicable right now in my life; we definitely have to talk tomorrow at Kaleo. See you then! :)

Unknown said...

This is so true. Waiting on the Lord is very difficult sometimes, but so worth it in the end.

Starrs In Denver said...

I think it's hard because we are battling our selfish flesh all the time. My SELF does not want to be patient and wait...it wants it's own way and NOW! Waiting on God is such a good discipline...it causes us to grow and produce a host of Godly characteristics. Now if those kids would just hurry up and get potty trained, sleep through the night, pick up after themselves, learn to ride a bike and swim, do their laundry, cook and clean, ect...!
Ha Ha! ;)
~Rose