Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Earnestly Seek Him.

As I was reading this morning God led me to this verse.

"O God you are my God; Earnestly I seek you; My soul thists for you; my flesh faints for you, as in a dry and weary land where there is no water. So have I looked upon you in the sanctuary. Beholding your power and glory. Because your steadfast love is better than life, my lips will praise you. So I will bless you as long as I live; In your name I will lift up my hands."

Psalm 63:1-4

When I read this verse God just really spoke to me, to really think about if this was true and evident in my life. I mean do I really earnestly seek Him. I looked up earnestly and this is what I found:
1.
serious in intention, purpose, or effort; sincerely zealous: an earnest worker.
2.
showing depth and sincerity of feeling: earnest words; an earnest entreaty.
3.
seriously important; demanding or receiving serious attention.

Is that really and truly how I view my relationship with Him? It was just an eye opener and a encouragment to pursue to have that and to take my relationship with my Savior as a serious thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great web log. I spend hours on the net reading blogs, about tons of various subjects. I have to first of all give praise to whoever created your theme and second of all to you for writing what i can only describe as an fabulous article. I honestly believe there is a skill to writing articles that only very few posses and honestly you got it. The combining of demonstrative and upper-class content is by all odds super rare with the astronomic amount of blogs on the cyberspace.